STEELHEAD & SALMON ADVENTURE PACKAGES
Now booking for 2018 & 2019 Exclusive Remote Spring & Fall Steelhead Camp
Truly an adventure you will never forget! We fish all year long!
Anglers morning will start at 6:30 am with a hot breakfast then off to the river with a hearty packed lunch guaranteed not to leave you hungry. Anglers lunch has a hearty sandwich, fruit, vegetables, sometimes a salad, chips, baked goods, sweets and bottled water). Our day will be spent drifting or Jet boating a 10 km to 15 km stretch of river with a professional licensed fishing guide, we will pull off the water around 4:30 pm, then be on route for home where drinks and dinner will commence. Our guest rooms are large clean and cozy to complete the fishing lodge with a fully stocked fly tying bench and commercial cedar sauna to warm the bones on those cool fall or spring steelhead days. At trips end you will be shuttled back to the airport and given a firm handshake and aspirations of your next Adventure with us!
What to bring
To ensure you are comfortable and prepared for your fishing adventure, we have compiled a list of things you should bring along. This is a complete list for both steelhead backroads camp and lodge adventures.
- checkA quality fly vest or waist pack suitable to pack daily fishing/rain gear.
- checkA quality 50+ liter backpack, containing all your clothing and fishing gear. Not to exceed 50 pounds.
- checkA lightweight rain jacket.
- checkTravel pillow for camp
- checkClothing designed for “layering”. Lightweight warm underwear and thermal socks for under waders. 6) A pair of lightweight chest waders suitable for active wear (we prefer Gore-tex).
- checkA pair of felt soled wading boots in good condition. Gravel guards necessary.
- checkA lightweight flashlight with spare batteries and a lighter.
- checkA good hook file.
- checkA multi use tool (including pocket knife) such as leatherman or similar pliers for releasing fish.
- checkAn 8/9 weight rod/reel for Steelhead, perhaps a lighter rod such as a 5/6 weight for trout.
- checkSpare rod.
- checkOne sinking shooting head (optional).
- checkPolarized sunglasses.
- checkBB shot .
- checkA good selection of flies, broadly assorted by color (blue, purple and black being the favorites), weight and style (especially leeches)…in both wet and dry (always bring at least 1 large dry fly. such as a bomber).
- checkGloves, one pair for hiking, one pair for fishing.
- checkCamera…preferably waterproof (digital).
- checkA pair of lightweight hiking boots or shoes.
- checkA towel and toiletries for a week.
- checkAlcoholic beverages (beer, wine, etc) for one week.
- checkFavorite hat preferably rain proof.
- checkA combination of sinking and floating lines. Changeable tip systems work quite well for variation.
- checkA USB External flash drive to take our photos home with you