What to Bring
To ensure you are comfortable and prepared for your fishing adventure, we have compiled a list of things you should bring along. This is a complete list for both steelhead backroads camp and lodge adventures.
- A quality fly vest or waist pack suitable to pack daily fishing/rain gear.
- A quality 50+ liter backpack, containing all your clothing and fishing gear. Not to exceed 50 pounds.
- A lightweight rain jacket.
- Travel pillow for camp
- Clothing designed for “layering”. Lightweight warm underwear and thermal socks for under waders. 6) A pair of lightweight chest waders suitable for active wear (we prefer Gore-tex).
- A pair of felt soled wading boots in good condition. Gravel guards necessary.
- A lightweight flashlight with spare batteries and a lighter.
- A good hook file.
- A multi use tool (including pocket knife) such as leatherman or similar pliers for releasing fish.
- An 8/9 weight rod/reel for Steelhead, perhaps a lighter rod such as a 5/6 weight for trout.
- Spare rod.
- One sinking shooting head (optional).
- Polarized sunglasses.
- BB shot .
- A good selection of flies, broadly assorted by color (blue, purple and black being the favorites), weight and style (especially leeches)…in both wet and dry (always bring at least 1 large dry fly. such as a bomber).
- Gloves, one pair for hiking, one pair for fishing.
- Camera…preferably waterproof (digital).
- A pair of lightweight hiking boots or shoes.
- A towel and toiletries for a week.
- Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, etc) for one week.
- Favorite hat preferably rain proof.
- A combination of sinking and floating lines. Changeable tip systems work quite well for variation.
- A USB External flash drive to take our photos home with you
We can provide you with hearty home cooked meals in our comfortable Family run fishing Lodge. What you may need to bring may vary depending on the length and type of guided adventure you book. Ask us any questions you may have when you make your Reservation.